54 Partners coming together
MAAXIMUS intends to simultaneously address key composite technology innovation (Highly-Optimised Airframe) and major improvements in the virtual chain (Right-First-Time Fast Development).
To achieve the ambitious MAAXIMUS objectives, it is therefore mandatory to gather a critical mass of high-expertise in a wide range of skills.
The MAAXIMUS Consortium has been created in this spirit to include:
- Most of the key European players in Business, Regional and Commercial aircraft industry,
- Several Risk-sharing partners for design and manufacturing of previously identified aircraft industry leaders,
- World-leaders in Hardware and Software industry (for CAD, CAM, CAE and Test analysis, especially for Structure Analysis),
- R&T and Test Centres from all over Europe, with international reputation in aircraft structure and materials development (design, analysis, manufacturing, test), with past and recognized experience on many aircraft programs (A380, F7X, etc) for the above key European players,
- Universities from several European countries, each of them internationally recognized for the quality of its scientific work, in the field of materials, optimisation or computational mechanics for structure analysis. Several of them have long-term relationship with both aircraft manufacturers and software providers, which means a strong pre-existing confidence,
- SME’s – several SME’s work in MAAXIMUS and cover a wide range of activities (software, manufacturing and assembly, R&T and test centres, R&T project support)
In this way, all the major elementary bricks to deliver an aircraft component are assembled in a coherent organization, representative of the real-world environment: from early design and simulation (process, method, software and hardware tools providers), manufacturing and assembly facilities and skills, test facilities and skills.